Freitag, 30. Mai 2008

Things I am leaving behind.

Today is the last day at my current job and the whole week was like a devil’s ride on a roller coaster. Wuau… what a speed!
I am cleaning up my work pc, burning down all my personal files – I didn’t expect they would count up to 13 DVDs and still counting. I packed my personal stuff to bring it home, a typical scene from movies: you put everything in a box and sadly hold it in your arms while moving downwards in the elevator. Not so.. with me it was 4 boxes. Aw! (One box is paper samples, another box is Photostock, no officejunk)
I had to decide, too, what I would leave.
I am leaving behind “my” bone folder – the company paid it. I am leaving a kick-ass Screensaver that I uploaded just some days ago. Actually, I did that for the IT who will have to “check” my pc after I have left.
It’s an awesome geeky screensaver – that works on BOTH of my monitors with different views and has sound.



I don’t know if Screensavers really save screens, but this one at least makes me smile every time I see it.

http://www.mewho.com/system47/


If this is not really your style, there is this one that made me really laugh!



http://technet.microsoft.com/it-it/sysinternals/bb897558(en-us).aspx

I am sure your curious office neighbor will never dare to touch your pc when you are in lunch break, ah ah.

I am leaving as well a pimped up Mozilla Firefox with two really “useful” applications:
First try “MorningCoffee”
It’s an application that add a little button to your browser with which you can organize all your daily bookmarks. Every morning you are going to read the same sites online? MorningCoffee is for you!

The other one I really enjoyed is Add-Art. That is what the makers say about it:
“Add-Art is a free FireFox add-on which replaces advertising on websites with curated art images. The art shows are updated every two weeks and feature contemporary artists and curators.”

Have a good Friday and a better weekend, Belle

Update:
The IT saw the screensaver already yesterday after I have left the office. He thought it was so cool that he called everybody to see it and an hour ago he asked me to get it for him. So funny. Happy that once in a while I am a step ahead (never happened before, ha!).

Keine Kommentare: