Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2008

King of the cube

Who is following my flickr-page knows that I have recently changed my job and office. The new ambience is really electrifying and stimulating, I am working a lot to dig myself into it. My new working place is really luminous, for the first time I have a real window, yay! I have a nice view on the motorway (haha) and the Tuscan Hills behind it – which is wonderful, every day they are different and they are similar to the hills in Germany where I lived (in fact they call them “the German Tuscany”), so I already feel connected to them.

Obviously I have so much to do, everything is new. My coffee rate rose from 2 a day to three, first because I am tired, second because a lot of coworkers offered me coffee to know me better and I don’t feel to refuse.
That reminds me of another starbucks commercial, which I so love.



I found the text unwillingly funny:
Glen, Glen Glen Glen
Glen Glen Glen
Glen Glen Glen
Glen's the man, going to work
Got his tie, got ambition
Middle management is right in his grasp
It's a dream he will never let die
Glen's the man of the hour
He's the king of his cube
Status call reports have finally met their rival
Burning the candle at both ends on his way to the top
He knows one day he just could become, supervisor

Luckily my new company as a good mensa where I don’t pay a lot for lunch. But I am seriously considering having my lunches in the nearby park in future.



Get instructions here.

But it isn't all roses and fun, hey, it is work. Even if all my superiors and coworkers are very supportive the last days I felt a huge pressure on my shoulders, waking up in the middle of the night caused by all the adrenaline that runs through my body (or maybe it's the coffee ;-)).
After touching a miserable low in self esteem I re-found my peace in focusing on things that matter much more than work, still promising to myself I would do my best to succeed. A day later I found this article, which says it much better than me, so I thought I would share it with you.

Personal Satisfaction
Doing Our Best

We often come into contact with the idea that our best isn’t good enough, as if this were actually possible. If you examine this notion, you will begin to see that it doesn’t make much sense. Your best is always good enough, because it comes from you, and you are always good enough. You may not be able to deliver someone else’s idea of the best, but the good news is that’s not your burden. You only need to fulfill your own potential, and as long as you remain true to that calling, and always do your best to fulfill your purpose, you don’t need to expect anything more from yourself...
Read here

It even helps me to know, that others have bad days, too ;-)



And in the end: celebrate the art of letting go. After all, the weekend is here.



by Marthawrites

Have a good Friday and a better weekend, Belle

Keine Kommentare: