Freitag, 21. November 2008

Happy things

In my hemisphere winter is coming nearer and nearer, days get darker and darker. And with this, inevitably, my mood gets cold and dark,too. But ALT! Stopp! There are some simple things I do, to escape this winter-melancholic-trap:

First, do what your doc just said so: eat a lot of greens and fruits. Second, get some green around you. Go to your local plant nursery and get some new green friends.
If you are like me, you have grown up with a family to which "green thumps" is a joke: they have green blood! Unfortunately, I have red blood, and most plants to me are exactly this: a plant (except edibles). So, I love buying plants, but sooner or later they die, which is tragic. I changed tactics and made my research in an environment, which I think is the hardest for plants: the office! There they get cold and heat, too less or too much water, too less or too much light and no one really "loves" them. What can survive there, will survive anywhere!

Here is a good list for plants that have exactly this spirit of "survival of the fittest".

I got myself a Spathiphyllum which is a though little friend!



So then, after taking care for our personal happiness, let's start thinking global.
There is this nice global event which takes place once a year around winter Solstice Day: the global orgasm! The darkest day, or to say, the longest night of the year, offers plenty of time to just join the party. The smart organizers of this event list three good reasons to do so: Peace, Gender&Social Justice and Global Warming - I could list some other good reasons, but I guess you get the picture ;)
Next dateline is 21st December 2008, 12.04 UT/GMT - I tell you in advance, so you can plan ahead...

Have good Friday and a better weekend, Belle
p.s. if you are still in a dark mood, you might try counting chimneys.

Keine Kommentare: