Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008

All Hallows' Even!


(Music by Jill Tracy, directed by Bill Domonkos)

I guess, this puts you in right mood :-) ah, the horror.

As a German, Halloween as a very remote part of my cultural background via the Walpurgisnacht, but I welcomed this new holiday and really like it. I think it is a good thing to "make friends with" the dark, the evil&horror for at least one night. It's like laughing into the face of your fears, right?

Here I have a little movie that unites monsters and a passion of mine: lettering. So beautiful!



Following the explosion of Halloween related articles on the web it seems as everybody just waited for the occasion to get out the skeleton!
Here is were you can make your own! Or make a whole spooky house!

Meeting the frightful can end in unusual friendships or insights.



Link: Bitfilm TV



Personally I feel that November is the month of the spooky things, ghosts, fog, black cats and strange sounds from the stairs.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'


The perfect month to snuggle under blankets und read before the christmas rush begins.
What about some classics?

The mother of all horror stories:




You still can stand some strange and weird things? Flip through Steven Martin's Set of Vintage Halloween photos. Incredible!

And finally, tomorrow, we can be happy to live in modern times! Thanks to science the witch-hunting is history!

On of the best virals I've seen lately, with genius reference to Monty Python.



Have a good Halloween and a better weekend, Belle

Keine Kommentare: